Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Finding Shadowfax, or how to trick your husband into getting you a kitten

S: Dan, let's have a baby! It will be so cute and have an accent!
D: (Trying to suppress a look of shock and horror) But sweetie, what about all the traveling we want to do? How can you have Champagne in Champagne France if you're pregnant? Plus it will never be old enough to to get an accent.
S: Yeah that's true...what about a puppy? Oh it will be so cute! I can take it on walks all around London, he'll be my little buddy!
D: (This time with a mock look of sympathy) But honey, remember how small our place is? And who will take care of him when we travel?
S: I guess you are right...but I came all the way here and I have no job, I'm just a little bit lonely sometimes...(with a super pathetic look)... maybe just a little kitten then?
D: (Knowing he can't possibly say no now, a look of resignation) Oh ok, that sounds good. I guess a kitten can't do too much harm, right?

And that's how I schemed my way into getting a kitten!

Shadowfax is named after Gandalf's horse in the Lord of the Rings ( I had to give Dan something)
She was only 7 weeks old when I took two tube trains and one rail train to Tottenham to pick her up. I love her, and as you can see, Dan's learning to love her!


No comments:

Post a Comment